Who We Are
The Indiana Council for Continuing Education (ICCE) is a professional organization that represents continuing education efforts at Institutions of Higher Education and other organizations that promote adult learning in the state of Indiana. ICCE is the only state-focused continuing education organization in Indiana.
Members include organizations that provide continuing education activities such as:
- Adult degree programs
- Noncredit programs
- Distance education
- Economic and workforce development
- Employer/contract training
- Lifelong learning/personal enrichment
- Professional development
- Community outreach
- Other nontraditional programs
ICCE supports its member institutions by increasing the contribution of continuing education efforts and lifelong learning initiatives for adult learners. ICCE accomplishes this by establishing and maintaining the highest standards of professional practice; fostering a network of cooperative relationships among continuing educators statewide; serving as a forum for the exchange of information and ideas; acting as an advocate for its members; and being a leader in shaping public dialogue about continuing education and the role of lifelong learning for adult learners.
ICCE provides a statewide forum to advance the creation and implementation of post-secondary continuing education endeavors that are accessible to the people of Indiana and improve their personal and professional lives.
ICCE aspires to excel as a valuable, effective and influential organization advancing the continuing education efforts of Indiana higher education, serving as the:
- Uniting force for the profession;
- Major catalyst for the stimulation, growth and dissemination of lifelong learning research and initiatives;
- Primary resource for best practices in continuing education for administrative, instructional, and support staff;
- Premier communicator of innovative continuing education efforts in Indiana;
- Principal statewide leader promoting professional development for continuing educators;
- Effective champion for continuing education throughout the state.
ICCE membership will provide your institution the opportunity to:
- Network with continuing education colleagues around the state;
- Engage in cost-effective, accessible professional development opportunities;
- Gain statewide recognition for your outstanding programs, faculty, staff, and students;
- Learn about innovative programming, opportunities, future trends, and current research;
- Create strategic connections among institutions across the state;
- Lead in shaping the future direction of continuing education in Indiana.