The Precipice of Great Change
The winds of change are blowing the sands of time through the pages of history… as the saying goes. Nearly every week that goes by, there are three to five new articles published addressing the changing nature of education, at all levels and for all populations of our State and Nation. These many articles represent seemingly unrelated topics, yet, highly integrated and nearly surgically intertwined from a micro perspective. Some of these topics include:
- The creation of hierarchical and stackable credentials.
- The transitioning of non-credit offerings into credit offerings.
- The creation of new online courses, curriculums and programs.
- The changing face of our Nation and it’s implications on higher education, our businesses, homes and society at large.
- The seemingly never-ending increases in student debt, year after year, and its implications on innovation and the growth of our society.
- The many ways our colleges and universities are identifying inefficiencies and cost drivers, and subsequently taking actions to be better stewards of tax payer dollars and student tuition.
The list goes on. I could easily list a dozen or more, again, seemingly unrelated topics, each of which seems to stand-alone, but in the final analysis are highly correlated and do contribute to cause and effect.
This message goes to the heart of ICCE. ICCE is laser focused on heightening awareness to the many topics impacting and contributing to educational opportunities across our great State.
ICCE brings some of the most influential thought leaders together for the purposes of heightening awareness on student populations, programs, training and educational offerings; as well as those topics that impact such offerings.
ICCE is truly here to help us grow, as individuals, organizations and as a society.
Whether you are an active member of ICCE or simply wishing to better understand those topics and opportunities surrounding education, we encourage you to reach out to us and help us to grow our collective well-being through service.
Dr. Mitchell L. Springer
ICCE President and Executive Director
Purdue University, Polytechnic Institute
Dr. Mitchell Springer
Dr. Ruby Cain
Dr. Khaula Murtadha
Dr. Karen Dowling